kerri buckley and nanowrimo 2005

Pacific Northwest writer Kerri Buckley blogs about National Novel Writing Month in November, 2005.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Signing Up for NaNoWriMo

I signed up for NaNoWriMo two days ago. It makes it feel official. It does make a difference. I am beginning to feel the energy sort of descend of the story I'm writing. I've been doing research for several years on my subject, which, for the record, will remain a mystery on this blog. Talking about it removes some of the magic for me, and the writing process of anything is always magic for me. I still have more research to do, though, and probably will for some time to come. I've tried to strike a balance between doing an outline, and not getting too caught up in strict planning. I'm feeling a bit nervous, too, that I'm not going to be ready with everything I need when midnight on November 1 rolls around. Signing up is easy, though. Just visit this link http://www.nanowrimo.org/register.php You'll enter some personal information about yourself, where you live, the name of your novel, the years, if any, that you've participated in NaNoWriMo, and choose a password. There is a forum on the site that I've so far just browsed. There are gatherings across the world. In my case, it would be the Portland area. Since I'm a girl who likes to write with Chopin in the background, I've never experienced getting together with a group of people and just writing like crazy, but I'm going to try it at least once. Ten more days until it begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home